The Office of the Training Advocate is an independent complaints handling authority able to address concerns relating to the South Australian training system.
Complaints may be managed by the Office of the Training Advocate in a number of ways which may include:
- providing advocacy – to speak for and negotiate on behalf of a client in the resolution of any matters arising out of the delivery of education and training, international education and/or apprenticeships or traineeships
- providing information and advice to enable a client to address the matter themselves
- conducting an investigation
- providing mediation of matters arising out of a complaint
- conducting International Student External Appeals – this applies to students studying under Australian International Student visa arrangements. This process is available for international students not satisfied with the result or conduct of a Registered Provider’s internal complaint handling and appeal process
To make a complaint in relation to your education or training, contact the Office of the Training Advocate.
Please be advised that all complaints with the Office of the Training Advocate will be treated confidentially. We will not take any action upon receipt of your complaint until we have discussed your situation with you. We will also not disclose any of your information to a third party without your consent to do so. For further information about confidentiality please view our Administrative Guidelines.
Training Advocate Administrative Guidelines (PDF)
Important information - Before contacting the Office of the Training Advocate it is important that you try and resolve the problem with the person or organisation you want to complain about. The Office of the Training Advocate will generally not intervene or take any action until you have attempted to resolve the issue yourself. Most organisations will have their own informal or formal complaints handling process for you to follow. If you are unsure how to access an organisation’s internal processes, we are able to assist and support you to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions